Re: A couple of small annoyances.

Gene

Screen-reader designers shouldn't make editorial decisions about what a screen-reader reads that a program displays.  Unless this content isn't seen by sighted people, Windows should read it.

The ispronounciation of source is the result of the synthesizer you are using and not NVDA.  Are you saying it mispronounces that sound in general or just in the word source?

From: MAX
Sent: Monday, November 26, 2018 12:07 PM
To: NVDA
Subject: [nvda] A couple of small annoyances.

I recognize that these are small things that the developers may not think
are important enough to fix.  Here goes anyway.  When I am opening a file
in word I press control O and then tab twice.  Nvda says recently opened
files.  You haven't opened any files recently.  This was not unexpected the
first time I opened a file after installing nvda.  However, I use word
every day and the message continues.  At first it was a laugh, then a smile
and now it's I wish it wouldn't do that.  Another thing is the
pronunciation   of s o u r c e.  In the united states source rhymes with
horse not with farce as nvda pronounces it.  I have tried to fix it in the
dictionary but when I replace the h in horse with an s it goes back to the
rhyme with farce.   Well, I guess that's just the way it is.

73 (Regards).

Max.  K 4 O DS.

I've Never Lost the Wonder.

Email: max@...

Vacuum Tube  Site: http://www.angelfire.com/electronic/funwithtubes/
Transistor site: http://www.angelfire.com/planet/funwithtransistors/
Woodworking site:
http://www.angelfire.com/electronic/funwithtubes/Woodworking/wwindex.html

To subscribe to the fun with transistors group send an email to.
Funwithtransistors+subscribe@groups.io

funwithtubes+subscribe@groups.io

To subscribe to the fun with wood group send a blank email to
funwithwood+subscribe@groups.io