Re: help items missing

Quentin Christensen

Can you open those files from the documentation/en directory?  Windows does differentiate between local html files and online files (using the http protocol), so it could still be the file association for opening local html files (which would also explain why reinstalling NVDA doesn't fix it, since we don't try to set that association).

On Tue, Nov 27, 2018 at 3:56 AM Cearbhall O'Meadhra <cearbhall.omeadhra@...> wrote:
Brian,

Thanks for keeping with this issue.
I found that the files are indeed present under various language folders within the NVDA directory on the C: drive. They do exist in the "en" folder which is the  folder I would expect NVDA to call when the language setting is set to "English".

I found that I had not actually selected English in the General settings of NVDA. I corrected this so that NVDA now expects English as the default language but still the three files are not being picked up by the Help menu in NVDA.

All the best,

Cearbhall

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io
Sent: Monday, November 26, 2018 9:43 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] help items missing

Well the only way I can make such files not display is to break the browsers linking, ie the browser gets launched but the file its asked to open is either corrupted in the command or missing so you get a blank browser window.
 I've tried several  portable and installed copies and cannot duplicate the effect here on windows 7 , so maybe something else broke. However if you can open some html files etc then it seems odd that the problem is so selective unless its a llanguage of the files or some other obscure issue where the characters are not correct to match the file names. Have you searched for the files manually on the machine?
 Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-