Re: A couple of small annoyances.

Quentin Christensen

Hi Max,

Since everyone else has had plenty to say on the pronunciation issue, I'll tackle the opening files in Word part.

Firstly, I would say, please don't assume that something is a small thing that we may not think is worth fixing - much more likely, either no-one noticed, or as I sometimes do - someone noticed it, but wasn't in a position to record it at the time, and then forgot.  I started writing this issue and reply up yesterday and then got caught up with something else, and just remembered it now.

So, I have now written up an issue on GitHub: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/8987

Feel free to subscribe to that issue, or to add anything I forgot.

Regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Nov 27, 2018 at 5:07 AM MAX <max@...> wrote:
I recognize that these are small things that the developers may not think
are important enough to fix.  Here goes anyway.  When I am opening a file
in word I press control O and then tab twice.  Nvda says recently opened
files.  You haven't opened any files recently.  This was not unexpected the
first time I opened a file after installing nvda.  However, I use word
every day and the message continues.  At first it was a laugh, then a smile
and now it's I wish it wouldn't do that.  Another thing is the
pronunciation   of s o u r c e.  In the united states source rhymes with
horse not with farce as nvda pronounces it.  I have tried to fix it in the
dictionary but when I replace the h in horse with an s it goes back to the
rhyme with farce.   Well, I guess that's just the way it is.

73 (Regards).

Max.  K 4 O DS.

I've Never Lost the Wonder.

Email: max@...

Vacuum Tube  Site: http://www.angelfire.com/electronic/funwithtubes/
Transistor site: http://www.angelfire.com/planet/funwithtransistors/
Woodworking site:
http://www.angelfire.com/electronic/funwithtubes/Woodworking/wwindex.html

To subscribe to the fun with transistors group send an email to.
Funwithtransistors+subscribe@groups.io

funwithtubes+subscribe@groups.io

To subscribe to the fun with wood group send a blank email to
funwithwood+subscribe@groups.io

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager