Re: Reading Phone Numbers in Spanish

Gene

Was the punctuation set to none?

Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2018 8:36 PM
Subject: [nvda] Reading Phone Numbers in Spanish

Hello, Someone who was testing our site with NVDA in Spanish was using eSpeak to test, and said that a phone number that was written in this format (111-111-1111) was reading the dashes as minus signs. However witht eh Vocalizer Expressive Voices (using JAWS), the phone number read our correctly. Could this be an issue of how the "-" symbol was typed in the HTML page? Or is this just a limitation of eSpeak? What can be done to get the number ead out properly?