From: "Adriani Botez" <adriani.botez@gmail.com>
To: <nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io>; <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Cc: <info@nvaccess.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2018 9:22 PM
Subject: [nvda] Github and NVDA issues

Dear all,

after months of activity in this community I have discovered a lot of
interesting discussions and opinions in Github when looking through several
NVDA issues which are open since more than 5 years. And as most of you might
already know, there are over 2250 issues open at this time. Unfortunately
there are a lot of discussions which are not updated. There are a lot of
issues which actually are solved or propably solved but are still open. Many
people in this list created different issues related to NVDA on Github. But
at the same time, many people did not care about those issues and they did
not test if they still occur with last NVDA versions.

I would like to encourage you all who created issues on Github: please
answer our questions on Github when we comment on your issues. If you are
not using the old software that you created issues for, please take 10
minutes of your life and installt the last version and try to reproduce the
issue again. Please comment on your issues and tell us if it is reproducible
or not. I can talk at least for myself, I spend sometime hours to restart
discussions on old issues or to try to get answers from involved people. But
most of them do not react. This is indeed frustrating because in one or two
years someone else will ask the same questions and in the end we will have
far too much issues which are just noise or low quality.

This message is also for all developers who are or were involved in old
issues. Please take some minutes and continue discussions or answer our
questions when we try to decide how to deal with a certain issue. This helps
us to decide if issues can be closed or not.

The issue page for NVDA on github is very overloaded and this makes it also
very difficult to atribute certain pull requests to certain issues. Let us
work together and transform the quantity of issues in quality. This will
make it easier for developers to see where they can work for. For users, a
better overview will lead to less duplicate issues and to less frustration.

Thank you very much for your attention.

Best regards

Adriani