From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2018 6:19 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA and Jarte

I've never heard of the Notepad procedure and, unless something has changed with new versions of JARTE, it will detect the screen-reader.  I seldom use it, but I believe it announces that it is in screen-reader mode when it opens if it detects a screen-reader.

Also, you can't save a Word document in the dox format, but you can open dox files if you have the Microsoft compatibility pack installed.

If you try to open a dox document without the compatibility pack installed, an information page will come up telling you to get the pack and a link to the page for the pack is given.

Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2018 10:47 PM

I didn't have to do that. I just installed jarte free, then  ran it,and
screen reader  mode was enabled. This was  as of January when I had to
reinstall windows.

On 27 Nov 2018, at 18:51, Andy wrote:

> To invoke screen reader mode in jarte, open Notepad and write the
> words enable screen reader mode, then copy this to the clipboard.
> Then run jarte and copy this into an open document.  Then close Jarte
> and reopen it, and jarte will be in screen reader mode.  This only
> needs to be done once.
>
> Andy
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Dave" <dlh007@...>

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-