From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of molly the blind tech lover
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2018 5:17 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] i'm new to this list and have a strange issue with NVDA on the windows log on screen

hey guys, my name is molly and this is my first time posting here. so i apologize if i type in the wrong email address and this message ends up somewhere else.
anyway, i have been using NVDA for 2 years and love it. i seem to be having a strange issue with NVDA not starting at the log on screen even though i've set NVDA to start at the log on screen. on my newly purchased surface laptop, i have NVDA set to start at the log on screen, where i need to enter my pin. i turn on the machine, and i have speech on the log on screen, asking me to sign in. but when i enter my pin, all i hear is it saying * * * the screen doesn't unlock. i also don't hear speech when i swipe around on the touchscreen. this indicates that the log on screen is loading before NVDA is, i end up having to use Narrator to log on. this is strange. do you guys have any ideas as to why this is happening? any suggestions would be most appreciated.
cheers
molly