From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io
Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2018 3:30 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Another problem.

Well for example Ccleaner portable seems to be able to put up a pane randomly now advertising itself as on special offer. Looking at the .ini file you need to stop any vestiges of it running at start up. You only need to have run it once and it will insert itself silently, but as I say it can be disabled.
I do not blame companies for doing this but the problem for us is often that the splash screens are apparently blank being mainly pictures.
Its by no means the only bit of software I've found like this.

I'm still wondering though what your original issue was with apparently missing files or the display of them on his machine.
I notice that superantispyware the free version is now able to spot things inserting themselves as 'invisible' start up items, and stop them from doing it. Its a lot easier than using autoruns to look for strings in the start up registry entries.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-