Re: I can't select radio buttons on a webpage using NVDA

Sile

Yes, I tried this ... no  luck ...

--Sile

On 11/30/2018 9:31 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
Switch out of focus to browse mode first and then fiddle around with them. NVDA is notorious at not updating the states of radio buttons in a table on a web page. I['m pretty sure there was a debate if this was poor page authoring or not about 2 years ago?
I encountered this recently on a health log in account creation site as well. I could not se my gender. It looked like I was both male and female. A medical miracle but on refreshing the page they seemed to  be changed but nvda did not say they had or got them both as  on.

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
----- Original Message ----- From: "Sile via Groups.Io" <somodhrain=googlemail.com@groups.io>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2018 11:29 PM
Subject: [nvda] I can't select radio buttons on a webpage using NVDA

Hello

Just wondering if anyone has run into this problem with NVDA. I am trying to select radio buttons that are within a table (basically ranking students on a scale from 1-5 on several criteria, with each criterion being one row of radio buttons.)

It doesn't matter whether I use firefox or chrome, the radio buttons don't seem to change state whether I hit spacebar or return, or whether I am in edit mode or not.

Anyone got any ideas?

--Sile