Re: Bluetooth Braille Displays Keep Dropping

Iván Novegil

The user with the problem has Windows 1803, so that's not likely to be the cause.

Regards.

Iván Novegil Cancelas
Editor
ivan.novegil@...

- www.NVDA.es
- @nvda_es

Usuario do NVDA en galego

***Note que a anterior mensaxe e/ou os seus adxuntos pode conter información privada ou confidencial. O emprego da información desta mensaxe e/ou dos seus adxuntos está reservado ao ámbito privado do destinatario agás autorización do remitente. Se recibiu esta mensaxe por erro comuníqueo por esta mesma vía e destrúa a mensaxe.***

O 06/12/2018 á(s) 14:02, Iván Novegil via Groups.Io escribiu:

A Spanish NVDA user has reported through the local mailing list a similar behavior, in this case with a Focus 40 Blue 5th Generation display connected both by USB and Bluetooth. I have the same braille display than him (firmware 5.81-40) on Windows 10 1803 with NVDA 2018.4beta3 and I am unable to reproduce your problem; in fact, if I switch off and on the display, without restarting NVDA during the process, it remains getting info from NVDA.

The only pattern I can see is the Windows version. I have just asked this user if he is using 1809 as well. I'm using 1803, and that may be the reason why I cannot reproduce this problem.

Regards.

Iván Novegil Cancelas
Editor
ivan.novegil@...

- www.NVDA.es
- @nvda_es

Usuario do NVDA en galego

***Note que a anterior mensaxe e/ou os seus adxuntos pode conter información privada ou confidencial. O emprego da información desta mensaxe e/ou dos seus adxuntos está reservado ao ámbito privado do destinatario agás autorización do remitente. Se recibiu esta mensaxe por erro comuníqueo por esta mesma vía e destrúa a mensaxe.***

O 06/12/2018 á(s) 12:30, Rob Hudson escribiu:
Windows 1809 Build 17763.134, NVDA 2018.3.2, generic bluetooth drivers by Microsoft.
The displays used here are a Handy Tech Basic Braille and a Braille Sense QWERTY.
I'm not sure if this is a protocol problem, a windows problem, or an NVDA problem, and am unsure about how to debug it. When I set up the display(s) to connect via bluetooth, NVDA sees them for a while. Then, without warning, the connection to the display just disappears, and NVDA reverts to
No Braille
Would a NVDA log be helfpul in a situation like this?
I can go back into the settings dialog and set the display again, but then five to twenty minutes later, bang. Back to no braille again.