Re: NVDA-2016.2 Slows Down with Firefox

Sharni-Lee Ward

I haven't noticed this so much with Firefox, but I have noticed this a
couple times over the last few days in the ordinary system. I don't have
heaps of RAM like the person who gave their specs, but I have had this
problem crop up every now and again over the years. Usually, I can
restart NVDA without having to restart the computer, but when it came to
my Braille Display, things would lock up to the point where I'd have to
restart the entire system, sometimes requiring sighted help to do so. If
this hasn't been just me, then all those scans I did last year to try
and make everything run faster weren't effective because it wasn't my
system's fault. It was NVDA not responding. That is, of course, if the
problems are more widespread than I first thought.

On 8/06/2016 5:08 PM, Mário Navarro wrote:

NVDA is not just slow in browsers, but also in the system.
after browsing for a while, it starts to get slow and I have to turn
off and on to get normal again.
and my pc is a good machine with I5 processor, 4 RAM ..
with jaws these occurrences do not happen.
I now use the jaws 17 full-time for these reasons.
jaws is not slow in any situation like this occurred with NVDA.

I only use 3 extras.
I do not need anything else.

NVDA is getting slower and every a new version.
this makes me worry.

I think the team of NVDA has to think about this with more seriously.

cheers.
Às 01:25 de 08/06/2016, Kwork escreveu:
Yes, but I've had this behavior in all three of the main browsers,
with both
NVDA and Jaws, so I just close and re-open Firefox, my main browser,
once in
a while, and only use the others when necessary.
Win 7, 64-bit.
Travis