Re: voices for NVDA

Nimer Jaber

Hello,

Tiflotecnia enjoys making broken promises to list members, taking advantage of every new announcement to say that this is the reason why their update has been delayed. Their  representative has told us that there is a pending update coming for years now, and yet it still is not here. Now, the latest excuse is that we are waiting on Python 3 because releasing an update now would be a waste of time. Last year, it was that we were waiting on just a couple of more things, and the update would be released. The year before that, it was the same. Please, please do not give money to this company as they are nothing but a waste of your time, and I would go so far as to call them scammers. The product is buggy, the issues haven't been fixed, and no new features have been developed, no new voices added, etc. Newance should yank their license for being so deceptive and uncaring about their users. I feel strongly about this because I have seen so many promises broken by this company's representative that I cannot recommend anyone purchase this product and expect to get their money's worth, or updates or anything else.

Note that this is my personal opinion, and not that of NVAccess.

On Mon, Dec 10, 2018 at 10:13 AM Vlad Dragomir <vladdragomir1983@...> wrote:

Don,

No, I wouldn’t say that one is better than the other. To be more exact, one might be better than the other for different people. Both have problems, and both Code Factory and Tiflotecnia seem to be more than happy to be paid, without caring much about quality. Here are a few things to be aware of:

  1. Code Factory Vocalizer comes with Eloquence as a pack, it’s cheaper, and you get two synthesizers. Vocalizer voices are being regularly updated, there are either new voices or new languages added once or twice per year. Say-all and spell-line commands do not work with Vocalizer, and if you send them emails to ask them to fix this, you only receive deep silence as a response, they seem to be too busy going on holidays and spending what they’ve got from us.
  2. Tiflotecnia are even more expensive, their driver seems to be a little more polished and less buggy. On the other hand, no new voices/languages, no updates for the last three years or so, but they are very good at promises. They did a good job at the beginning, and since then they enjoy living on rent.

This was a very subjective overview, which I hope will help you a bit. I suggest trying them both before making a decision. None is perfect, but only you can tell which is better for you.

Best regards,

Vlad.

--
Cordially,

Nimer Jaber

Please take the time to read this signature completely as it contains
some information about the email you have just read and all
attachments contained within as well as some valuable resources and
methods for contacting me if you have any questions or wish to talk.

up to you. Thanks.

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

and above, please click here:
http://www.nvda-project.org

To contact me, you can reply to this email or you may call me at (970) (658-0358) and I will do my best to respond to you promptly. Thank
you, and have a great day!