Re: How can I configure NVDA to speak nothing? #advisory

Quentin Christensen

There is an issue for removing the beeps option and having an add-on to provide it for those who want it (compared to the current functionality of the feature being in the core and using an add-on to remove it): https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/5631  The comments to the issue indicate that while for those who don't use the functionality, the use of beeps mode may seem unclear, there are certainly those who do use it.

While I personally agree with using the add-on to provide the extra functionality (that some users really find useful and others don't need at all), I would make the point that it would require work from someone which would then essentially bring us back to exactly the situation we have now (you can have the functionality or not, using an add-on to achieve one state).  That work could instead be directed to functionality which doesn't currently exist.

On Mon, Dec 10, 2018 at 11:51 PM Mohamed <malhajamy@...> wrote:
Personally I've used it on occasions, though I've changed the pitch to
an A note rather than the default, as the default pitch sounds rather
painful to me.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager