Re: How can I configure NVDA to speak nothing? #advisory

On Mon, Dec 10, 2018 at 05:16 PM, Quentin Christensen wrote:
There are two threads of conversation going here I think - when beeps came up, some people automatically thought of the NVDA+S beep mode, and others instinctively went to the NVDA+U progress bar indication.
I agree.  That being said "Beeps Speech Mode" is disjoint from the use of beep tones to report the status of a progress bar.  I'm actually hoping that the confusion is now resolved, as the difference between each, and the fact that they are unrelated, has been covered and covered well during this topic.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back