From: "Ralph Boersema" <ralph@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, December 14, 2018 2:03 AM
Subject: [nvda] Audio Issues

Dear Friends,

May I ask for your input on this, once again. I am running Windows 10 and have two audio options: a Realtek sound card and a Logitech wireless headset (not Bluetooth). Under the NVDA speech settings, when I choose one of these, the output is through the other one. I want the Logitech wireless headset, but have to choose Realtek to get it. However, the NVDA sounds do not have the same good voice quality as when I used to set it to come through the Logitech option. Especially, the initial sound in each word is often cut off. Selecting the Realtek option, NVDA sounds come through the Logitech headset, but system sounds come through the computer speakers.

When I raised these issues three weeks ago, several of you suggested this would be a driver problem. I checked the settings and drivers, together with my sighted wife and we found no irregularity. I had another person, who is more computer savvy, look at this and he, too, said that there was no evidence of errors with either the Realtek driver or the Logitech driver.

Is it possible to have a driver problem, even though there is no error alert?

Any other suggestions?

Warmly,
Ralph