Re: Audio Issues

Tony Malykh

Hi Ralph,
When the beginning of every phrase is cut off - this is a problem of
many wireless headphones. This happens because headphones enter
standby mode after a few seconds of inactivity. Try my add-on
BluetoothAudio:
https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/BluetoothAudio.en.html
it should help with this problem. Ignore the fact that it has
bluetooth in its name, it will probably help with your wireless
headphones as well. You might need to restart NVDA after changing
sound output option for this addon to work properly.

Best
Tony

On 12/13/18, Ralph Boersema <ralph@...> wrote:
Dear Friends,

May I ask for your input on this, once again. I am running Windows 10 and
have two audio options: a Realtek sound card and a Logitech wireless headset
(not Bluetooth). Under the NVDA speech settings, when I choose one of these,
the output is through the other one. I want the Logitech wireless headset,
but have to choose Realtek to get it. However, the NVDA sounds do not have
the same good voice quality as when I used to set it to come through the
Logitech option. Especially, the initial sound in each word is often cut
off. Selecting the Realtek option, NVDA sounds come through the Logitech
headset, but system sounds come through the computer speakers.

When I raised these issues three weeks ago, several of you suggested this
would be a driver problem. I checked the settings and drivers, together with
my sighted wife and we found no irregularity. I had another person, who is
more computer savvy, look at this and he, too, said that there was no
evidence of errors with either the Realtek driver or the Logitech driver.

Is it possible to have a driver problem, even though there is no error
alert?

Any other suggestions?

Warmly,
Ralph