From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tony Malykh
Sent: Friday, December 14, 2018 12:30 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Audio Issues

Hi Ralph,
When the beginning of every phrase is cut off - this is a problem of many wireless headphones. This happens because headphones enter standby mode after a few seconds of inactivity. Try my add-on
BluetoothAudio:
https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/BluetoothAudio.en.html
it should help with this problem. Ignore the fact that it has bluetooth in its name, it will probably help with your wireless headphones as well. You might need to restart NVDA after changing sound output option for this addon to work properly.

Best
Tony

On 12/13/18, Ralph Boersema <ralph@...> wrote:
Dear Friends,

May I ask for your input on this, once again. I am running Windows 10
and have two audio options: a Realtek sound card and a Logitech
wireless headset (not Bluetooth). Under the NVDA speech settings, when
I choose one of these, the output is through the other one. I want the
Logitech wireless headset, but have to choose Realtek to get it.
However, the NVDA sounds do not have the same good voice quality as
when I used to set it to come through the Logitech option. Especially,
the initial sound in each word is often cut off. Selecting the Realtek
option, NVDA sounds come through the Logitech headset, but system sounds come through the computer speakers.

When I raised these issues three weeks ago, several of you suggested
this would be a driver problem. I checked the settings and drivers,
together with my sighted wife and we found no irregularity. I had
another person, who is more computer savvy, look at this and he, too,
said that there was no evidence of errors with either the Realtek driver or the Logitech driver.

Is it possible to have a driver problem, even though there is no error
alert?

Any other suggestions?

Warmly,
Ralph