Re: this is less!

On Sat, Dec 15, 2018 at 01:46 PM, Brian's Mail list account wrote:
call me an old curmudgeon if you like but we were given languages and yet they prefer to use pictures.
Maybe it's "a Brian thing," but this Brian is right there with you.  I have hated emoji's ever since their debut.  I resisted the use of text emoticons, too, except in very rare cases where it would be difficult to assess "tone" accurately strictly in writing.

I would not shed a single tear were emojis to land on the cyber scrap heap.

          ~ Saul Bellow, To Jerusalem and Back