Re: Reading pdf files and line structure

Try setting reading settings to "left to right, top to bottom reading order". See if that helps any.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Felix G.
Sent: Sunday, December 16, 2018 4:57 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Reading pdf files and line structure

Dear community,
with the accessibility of pdf files varying as it does, I tend to avoid them, but sometimes information is just not easily gained through different means, so from time to time I have to read one. Just today I discovered that with NVDA and Acrobat Reader DC, there are no meaningful line breaks presented to me as I read the contents of a pdf. For example, a line might ramble on like this:
Chapter 1 Getting Started This chapter serves as introduction ...
For an experiment, I switched to JAWS and there was presented with the correct line structure:
Chapter 1
Getting Started
This chapter serves as introduction ...

Is there anything I am missing to configure in NVDA to read pdfs as expected?
All the best,
Felix