From: "Sarah k Alawami" <marrie12@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, December 17, 2018 1:52 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Last NVDA: How do I update it?

You couls also pot shurtcuts in system32 and run them via the run
dialogue. xmaple

nvda
then
nvdaa
then
nvdab

I'm not one for keyboardshortcuts so prefer it this way.

Tc

On 16 Dec 2018, at 17:18, hurrikennyandopo ... wrote:

Hi Marcio

if you are running the alfa version as a installed version it will
stay on the alfa version for updates.

The way a few of us do it is they might keep the stable version as the
main installer version.

If they want to test out either the alfa version or beta version then
they would make up a directory on the c: drive and either name it alfa
version of nvda or beta version of nvda or along those lines.

They would then download either the alfa version or beta version and
then make a portable copy inside of either directory and have the
files put into it.

Then they would make a shortcut from the desktop either to the alfa
version or the beta version to the nvda.exe file and also asign a
shortcut to start that copy.

I have a alfa version plus the beta version plus the stable version on
this computer.

so when you go to start it lets say for the alfa version the hot key
could be alt + ctrl + the letter A.

So when you say look at my c: drive i would have c:\ nvda alfa

c:\ nvda beta

programfiles x86 nvda which is the stable version.

Hope you get what i mean.

On 17/12/2018 2:03 PM, marcio via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi Quentin,
First, thanks for your answer.
Just to see if I got it right: If I download this version, I'll
automatically lose the Alpha channel?
If so, how I can stay up to date about news on the NVDA stable without
losing it?
I mean, staying in the Alpha channel I won't receive news from the
stable version, or will I?
Maybe it's a stupid question but I still am confused about these
channels.

________________________________
Cheers,
Marcio
________________________________
Where to find me:
My Yahoo! email<mailto:marcinhorj21@yahoo.com.br>
Add me on Skype<skype:marcinhorj666?add>
Follow me on Twitter<https://twitter.com/firirinfonfon>
Follow or add me on Facebook<https://facebook.com/firirinfonfon>
Ask me something on CuriousCat<https://curiouscat.me/firirinfonfon>
________________________________
Phone(s):
(+55)21-9-81615268 (Tim-RJ)
________________________________
My WhatsApp<https://api.whatsapp.com/send?phone=5521981615268>
________________________________
Em 16/12/2018 21:59, Quentin Christensen escreveu:
Hi Marcio,

You can download the update from https://www.nvaccess.org/download -
when you install it, the installer will automatically install over
your existing installed version.

The Beta channel automatically updates to the RC channel.
The RC channel automatically updates to the next stable release.

The alpha channel stays on the alpha channel. If you would like to
change from alpha to stable, you will need to download manually.

So anyone who downloaded either the beta or RC releases should be
prompted to update to NVDA 2018.4 stable, but you can also download it
manually and install.

Note that NVDA only checks once every 24 hours or so; for those
following us on social media or in the groups here, you often find out
before NVDA has checked. You can either download or check for updates
manually, or wait and it will do it within a day or so.

Regards

Quentin.

On Mon, Dec 17, 2018 at 10:37 AM marcio via Groups.Io
<marcinhorj21=yahoo.com.br@groups.io<mailto:yahoo.com.br@groups.io>>
wrote:
Hello folks.
I'm on the NVDA Alpha channel. I got informed that a new version was
available, but not for the channel, I read it here just now.
The thing is: when I was going to check for updates it shows me
nothing.
Anyone knows what can be happening and how to fix it?
--

________________________________
Cheers,
Where to find me: