Re: Problem installing latest update

Travis Siegel <tsiegel@...>

For what it's worth, I had to answer alt-y to the security dialog twice. I don't know if it's because it didn't take the first time, or if it jut needed two yes responses, but I suspect it's the first option, because I've had that issue before. I can't see much, but I can tell when the security screen comes up, because it's dark, and the rest of my screens are very light, so when it comes, I hit alt-y, and away it goes, but perhaps I hit alt-y too early, so had to do it again, but that was the only trouble I had installing NVDA 2018.4. It was a bit slow at first, until I closed VLC, after that, it rturned to normal response times. Don't know if it's a result of it just being VLC, or if it was a result of my having had that particular copy of VLC open for nearly a week on this machine, and it was just being a resource hot at that point, but regardless of the reason, it behaved normally after I closed it, so there itis for what it's worth. I haven't tried reopening VLC just yet, as I'm not ready to continue reading that particular book.

On Tue, 18 Dec 2018, Quentin Christensen wrote:

Hi Janet,
As Joseph asked, did you get the UAC dialog asking if you want to allow the
program to make changes to your PC?  If you aren't seeing the UAC dialog, or
aren't responding to it, that would generate a log like the one you
included.  See Joseph's message for a workaround.
Kind regards
Quentin.
On Tue, Dec 18, 2018 at 12:00 PM Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@gmail.com>
wrote:

Hi,

Hmmm, did you get any User Account Control prompt at all?
Sometimes, attempting an install after logging out and back in
resolves this and should give you a chance to say “Yes” when UAC
screen spears.

Cheers,

Joseph