Sent: Monday, December 17, 2018 7:23 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Problem installing latest update

For what it's worth, I had to answer alt-y to the security dialog twice.
I don't know if it's because it didn't take the first time, or if it jut
needed two yes responses, but I suspect it's the first option, because
I've had that issue before.  I can't see much, but I can tell when the
security screen comes up, because it's dark, and the rest of my screens
are very light, so when it comes, I hit alt-y, and away it goes, but
perhaps I hit alt-y too early, so had to do it again, but that was the
only trouble I had installing NVDA 2018.4.  It was a bit slow at first,
until I closed VLC, after that, it rturned to normal response times.
Don't know if it's a result of it just being VLC, or if it was a result of
my having had that particular copy of VLC open for nearly a week on this
machine, and it was just being a resource hot at that point, but
regardless of the reason, it behaved normally after I closed it, so there
itis for what it's worth. I haven't tried reopening VLC just yet, as I'm
not ready to continue reading that particular book.