Re: Firefox browsing bug in NVDA 2018.4

Kwork

Thank you Abby. With the lack of responses to my question, I figured it was somewhat isolated to me.

If you don't mind experimenting a bit with your installation, go to the official NVDA site:

https://www.nvaccess.org/

The main page will be good enough as it's site wide for me.

Use the headings shortcut, the letter h, to go down a couple headings. From there, and it doesn't matter if you do it immediately, or up and down arrow a bit, tab once.

If you hear the following words,

NV Access Empowering lives through non-visual access to technology

You'll know that you've been returned to the top of the page.

Any other response means that you're not reproducing the same thing I am here.

Thank you.

Travis

On 12/17/2018 3:59 PM, Abbie Taylor wrote:
I'm afraid I'm not reproducing this here, either, at least not on the groups.io page for this message. After reading the message, I was able to press Tab to get to the Reply button, then Tab a few more times to get to the edit field where I'm now typing my reply. However, I noticed earlier while proofing a post on my blog at https://abbiescorner.wordpress.com, when I pressed Tab within the post, it took me to the top of the post. I updated my NVDA just yesterday, so will see what develops.
--
Abbie Johnson Taylor, Author
http://www.abbiejohnsontaylor.com