Re: Firefox browsing bug in NVDA 2018.4

Quentin Christensen

With NVDA running, the easiest way to get the log is to first ensure you have repeated the steps to cause the problem, then press NVDA+F1 to open the log viewer, CONTROL+A to select all, CONTROL+C to copy and then come to an email and CONTROL+V to paste.

Before doing that, if you set NVDA's log level to debug, it gives us the most information - you can do that by pressing NVDA+CONTROL+G to go to the general settings, TAB to log level and select DEBUG, then press ENTER.  Then do the steps which cause problems before opening the log and copying it to send.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Dec 18, 2018 at 1:36 PM Kwork <istherelife@...> wrote:

All the above has been done. Restarting computer, restarting NVDA with add-ons disabled, using updater to make sure all is up to date.

How do I generate and get you the log?

Travis

Have you restarted the computer after installing / updating NVDA?  It's amazing some of the weird things that happen when everything else is working seemingly normally in that period between updating and restarting.

If you've done that, are you using any add-ons?  If so, are they up to date (Joseph made an add-on updater which is an add-on to check for out of date add-ons which can help with that).  Next, try restarting NVDA with add-ons disabled and see if that helps.

Failing all that, if you could send me a copy of your log, I can have a look.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Mon, Dec 17, 2018 at 10:11 AM Kwork <istherelife@...> wrote:
When on a webpage, and any page at nvaccess.org will work, tabbing to
the next link anywhere on that page will shoot me up to the top, and to
the first link on that page, no matter where I started.

Windows 10 home 64-bit.

Firefox 64.0, 64-bit.

NVDA 2018.4

While I would experience this behavior on past versions of NVDA, it is
now constant.

Thanks.

Travis

--