Re: Reading emoticons and Kazakh language for eSpeak NG

Adil Uralbaev <adiluralbaev@...>

I also noticed that some emoticons are pronounced only when if you
move the cursor arrows on it, as if you want to read the previous or
the next character. And if you read, using the up and down arrows,
they are not pronounced, only the word "Graphics" is pronounced.

<adiluralbaev=gmail.com@groups.io>:

Hi!
Smileys are not pronounced on sites. I noticed this when I
corresponded on social networks. I would like this bug to be fixed.
In the version of NVDA 2018.3.2 everything worked.

Hi Adil,

Could you give an example of an emoji that isn't working, or a page that
has one etc?

When you say in the previous version, could you please confirm, do you
mean
2018.3.2, or one of the alpha / beta / rc releases?

On Tue, Dec 18, 2018 at 10:13 PM Adil Uralbaev <adiluralbaev@gmail.com>
wrote:

Hello.
Speech synthesizers do not pronounce some smilies that are written in
Unicode. In the previous version there were no such problems.
Everything was read correctly.
And I want to thank you for the support of the Kazakh language for
eSpeak NG. I hope you will continue to work on this language.
Waiting for fixis in reading emoticons.
Thanks!
Sincerely, Adil.

--