Re: Problem installing update

Quentin Christensen

That is really unusual.  You should definitely get a UAC dialog when trying to install any program.  Actually, unless you are logging in to Windows as an administrator?  But in that case, the process would already have the privileges it needs and shouldn't fail.

On Wed, Dec 19, 2018 at 10:33 AM Janet Brandly <jbrandly@...> wrote:
Hello all,

Thanks for your feedback so far in helping me to solve this problem. I am running Windows 10. I do not get any sound indication of the screen asking me to allow the program to make changes to my system. I get the dialog telling me to wait while the setup is being prepared. Then I hear beeping for a few minutes. During that time I alt-tab numerous times to make sure I’m not missing the screen. Pretty much immediately after the beeping stops, I get what I’d describe as a “clang” sound and a message telling me tht the installation has failed and advising me to check the log bview.

Hopefully this provides some further clarification.

Janet

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager