Re: can't get vlc media player to start

Gene

Your message doesn't say what is or isn't happening.  You say you can't play something.  You don't say whether the program opens or what happens when you try to play the item.  Since we don't know specifically what happens, we can't address the question properly, though someone may provide a solution.  But how do we know that the player isn't muted, opening, playing the file with no sound.  We don't know if that is happening but it is important to give detailed information when presenting a problem.

Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2018 4:55 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] can't get vlc media player to start

I tried everything I could think of to open vlc media player but I'll try the "open with" and see if that works.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Karmelo
Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2018 11:22 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] can't get vlc media player to start

Rosemarie,

Try the context menu key

arrow down to open with. 

You should find vlc media player. 

Press enter.

Regards,

Charles

Hi.

How are you trying to open it?

Are your file associations set to VlC?

What happens when you open it using the search box or run dialog?

If you’ve tried everything and there’s simply no VLC window opening, it may be time to re-install. There’s nothing special related to starting VlC; it should open like any other programme.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rosemarie Chavarria
Sent: December 18, 2018 2:07 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] can't get vlc media player to start

Hi, everyone,

I just put in a movie to try to watch but I can't get vlc media player to play now. The last time I used it was during the summer when I was watching a movie my sister gaveme for my birthday. How do I get this program to start?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.