Re: can't get vlc media player to start

Gene

you repeatedly do this.  Get rid of or say you are going to get rid of a program.  You haven't given the list sufficient time to ask about and propose possible solutions. 

If you really get rid of the program, let us definitely know so we don't waste time.  If you think better of it, members will still help.  But this pattern of behavior doesn't help you solve the problem nor does it do justice to those who send information or suggestions.

I sent a message before this one with what might be helpful information about solving the problem.  Did I send it for nothing?

Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2018 5:08 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] can't get vlc media player to start

I'm gonna get rid of the program. I tried everything I know but nothing is working.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of JM Casey
Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2018 11:12 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] can't get vlc media player to start

Hi.

How are you trying to open it?

Are your file associations set to VlC?

What happens when you open it using the search box or run dialog?

If you’ve tried everything and there’s simply no VLC window opening, it may be time to re-install. There’s nothing special related to starting VlC; it should open like any other programme.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rosemarie Chavarria
Sent: December 18, 2018 2:07 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] can't get vlc media player to start

Hi, everyone,

I just put in a movie to try to watch but I can't get vlc media player to play now. The last time I used it was during the summer when I was watching a movie my sister gaveme for my birthday. How do I get this program to start?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.