Re: off topic question about deleting all emails from my inbox folder in outlook

molly the blind tech lover

i'm talking about ram as in low memory. i have plenty of disk space. but if your computer doesn'"t have a lot of ram, does that mean the machine will be slow? i thought the more ram you have, and the faster your processor, the faster your machine will be. i could be wrong, though.

On Wed, 19 Dec 2018, 6:07 pm Gene <gsasner@... wrote:
I don't know if you understand about RAM.  Are you talking about RAM, meaning memory used by your computer, or are you talking about available disk space.  Low Ram wouldn't cause your e-mail program not to function.  Low ram might cause your entire  computer to function slowly.  You may be able to solve the problem by compressing your inbox but how you do that depends on the program you are using.  How are you determining what is being used in terms of your four gigabytes figure?

Gene
----- Original message -----
Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2018 5:02 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] off topic question about deleting all emails from my inbox folder in outlook

well there is no error message. it just appears the inbox is taking forever to load. most likely due to the fact there is one gig of ram available. the other 3 gigabytes of ram are being used for who knows what. i open outlook and it says inbox brainardmolly@....  and then the machine is quiet. when i use the up and down arrow keys nvda doesn't talk. guess outlook is trying to retrieve the mail but it can't because of the ram.

On Wed, 19 Dec 2018, 5:36 pm Gene <gsasner@... wrote:
What error message do you get?

Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2018 4:34 PM

well it worked but now i'm unable to send or receive email from outlook on this tablet. my life is over.

On Wed, 19 Dec 2018, 4:58 pm Governor staten <govsta@... wrote:

I think control plus a should do the trick.