Re: off topic question about deleting all emails from my inbox folder in outlook

Devin Prater

This was informative to me, too. Thanks, Gene.

On Dec 19, 2018, at 7:02 PM, molly the blind tech lover <brainardmolly@...> wrote:

I understand. I watch youtube videos about computer performance and a lot of the time people say the more ram the faster your computer will be. But that is very misleading. It also depends on the processor speed among other things. I got my emails back, by the way. A friend helped me figure it out.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2018 7:56 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] off topic question about deleting all emails from my inbox folder in outlook

Yes, but that is completely separate from RAM.  Ram is where information is stored your computer uses.  A program you run is usually in RAM.  It is memory.  the Processor is active.  it makes  calculations.  But there is much more to determine the speed of a computer than just the processor.  The motherboard has a speed, the speed at which information travels through it.  I don't have the technical knowledge to discuss it much but the motherboard is basically the assembly that connects components of your computer so they can communicate with each other.
The speed with which information travels through the motherboard is important in determining the speed.  Also, processors have a cache.  That is where information is temporarily stored.  If a fast processor has a low cache, thaqt can slow your computer as well because information isn't stored in the processor cache and thus takes longer for the processor to access.  Again, I don't have the technical knowledge to discuss that in detail but others may want to discuss such matters.

Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2018 6:40 PM

Well if you have a faster processor, doesn’t that improve performance?