Re: Setting up NVDA for Braille

John J. Boyer

I'm still trying to get NVDA set up for Braille. Here are the
instuctions I gave my sighted assistant.

Here are the instructions I received for setting up NVDA for Braille.
Download the Freedom Scientific drivers using the link in the User's
Guide. In the NVDA menus go to preferenced, Braille, and pick Pac Mate.
Click ok.

He apparently downloaded the Freedom Scientific drivers and then tried
to reinstall NVDA. Now he says it won't respond. I have no access to the
Windows machine, so i don't know what is wrong.

We tried to install Jaws, but it hangs about halfway through. I
contacted Freedom Scientific. They had him try various download paths
last Thurday, but they haven't been in touch with us this Thursday.
Their customer support is lousy since they were acquired.

John

On Wed, Jun 08, 2016 at 12:04:22PM +1000, Michelle's Home Emails wrote:> Hi John

Michelle Stevens here,

I forgot to ask in my previous message, do you know how to get to the Braille display options in NVDA?

To put in your Braille display choices is in preferences Braille and you will see freedom scientific Packmate in the list. Select this and click OK.

Kind wishes
Michelle

Sent from my iPhone

On 8 Jun 2016, at 11:33 AM, John J. Boyer <john.boyer@...> wrote:

We have downloaded nVDA and the drivers for the Freedom Scientific
Braille displays. I have a Pac Mate display. NVDA seems to be working
fine. However, I am deaf-blind and cannot use speech. Please tell me
what choice my sighted assistant should pick on the Braille menu.

Thanks,
John

--
John J. Boyer; President,