Re: fore some reason nvda isn't talking when I'm using my keyboard

Tyler Spivey

Don't be too discouraged, breaking things is quite normal.

If this is a tablet with a separate keyboard, maybe Bluetooth was turned
off, the batteries died or the keyboard was turned off. Tab should at
least do something, or pressing any other key should interrupt NVDA from
speaking. If nothing happens even after reboot, we can figure it out
from there.

Here's how to power off your tablet.
1. Try pressing the power button. If that doesn't start the process,
maybe things aren't set up to work that way, or something is preventing
it from working.
2. The next thing to try would be a hard power off. This depends on the
machine, but generally holding power for at least 5 seconds will do it.
This doesn't give Windows a chance to shut down properly and save your
work, so I generally only do this if I can't easily shut it down any
other way.
After that, just power it on normally.

On 12/21/2018 4:19 PM, molly the blind tech lover wrote:
Hey guys, Molly here again.

I don’t know what happened but all of a sudden my keyboard on my tablet
doesn’t seem to work with nvda. I press a key, like the windows key, and
nvda is completely silent. It is silent when I press any key on the
keyboard.  The only way  nvda talks  is if I use the mouse.

I don’t know what I did, but I am so stupid. I am just too dumb to ever
be a good nvda user. Is there a way to force the machine to restart? I
am feeling completely incompetent.