From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tyler Spivey
Sent: Friday, December 21, 2018 7:39 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] fore some reason nvda isn't talking when I'm using my
keyboard

Don't be too discouraged, breaking things is quite normal.

If this is a tablet with a separate keyboard, maybe Bluetooth was turned
off, the batteries died or the keyboard was turned off. Tab should at least
do something, or pressing any other key should interrupt NVDA from speaking.
If nothing happens even after reboot, we can figure it out from there.

Here's how to power off your tablet.
1. Try pressing the power button. If that doesn't start the process, maybe
things aren't set up to work that way, or something is preventing it from
working.
2. The next thing to try would be a hard power off. This depends on the
machine, but generally holding power for at least 5 seconds will do it.
This doesn't give Windows a chance to shut down properly and save your work,
so I generally only do this if I can't easily shut it down any other way.
After that, just power it on normally.

On 12/21/2018 4:19 PM, molly the blind tech lover wrote:
Hey guys, Molly here again.

I don’t know what happened but all of a sudden my keyboard on my
tablet doesn’t seem to work with nvda. I press a key, like the windows
key, and nvda is completely silent. It is silent when I press any key
on the keyboard.  The only way  nvda talks  is if I use the mouse.

I don’t know what I did, but I am so stupid. I am just too dumb to
ever be a good nvda user. Is there a way to force the machine to
restart? I am feeling completely incompetent.