Re: Clock Addon doesn't save settings, nor does f12 work for time and date

Kelly Sapergia

Hi,

I just updated the Clock addon to 18.12.1 (the stable version), and also
noticed that Insert+F12 wasn't speaking the time anymore. I went into NVDA's
settings screen to set the options again, but when I went to the Clock Setup
item, the options from the General tab were being displayed instead. When I
moved up to Emoticons, the Clock options were there. Since that's obviously
not supposed to happen, I went back up to General to see if those options
were in the right place. They were, but under Speech, the Clock Setup
options were displayed instead. I pressed Cancel to get out of the dialog,
then Control+Insert+S to see if I could bring up the Speech options that
way, only to be told that an NVDA dialog was already open, or words to that
effect anyway.
I've disabled the addon for now, and all is fine again. I thought about
installing the development version to see if that worked better, but it has
the same version number as the stable version. Needless to say, I'm going to
wait until the next update.

Hope this helps.

Yours Sincerely,
Kelly John Sapergia