Re: NVDA not exiting with current version under windows 7 64 bit

Gene

That feature is for fixing errors in the registry relating to browse mode not working properly.  It has no relation to the problem of NVDA not shutting down properly.

Sent: Saturday, December 22, 2018 2:15 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA not exiting with current version under windows 7 64 bit

Hi,
Maybe I am a bit late to this topic and don't know if it's already solved.
But anyway, once a friend was experiencing the same as you described. We tried almost everything that you could imagine to try fixing it and nothing seemed to work.
So it was when I remembered, on the newest versions of NVDA, there's an option called "Run COM Registration Fixing tool". Well, it definitely solved the problem and all got back to normality.
Don't know if it will help you but you could try this.
P.S.: May I ask if latest NVDA still works on Windows 7? I thought it wasn't working, I'm not sure where I heard it but anyway..
Em 22/12/2018 12:25, john farina escreveu:
Hi to all,

I am a new member to this group so please forgive me for posting something which may have already been discussed. You may feel free to refer me to the archives of this list for information.

On my windows 7 computer currently running the most up-to-date NVDA version, pressing the exit keystroke does not allow NVDA to exit. That is to say, there is an error sound then the program restarts.

I have done some google searching and found that this might be due to an add-on problem. It seems I have narrowed it down to the Nuance vocalizer add-on, which means of course I can not use this voice. Any thoughts?

Thanks.