RES: [nvda] fore some reason nvda isn't talking when I'm using my keyboard

Daniel Damacena

Whenever you lose control of NVDA, try to restart it by pressing windows + r and typing nda -r.

Usually it Works here.

Best regards!

Daniel Damacena Bezerra

De: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> Em nome de molly the blind tech lover
Enviada em: sábado, 22 de dezembro de 2018 22:48
Para: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Assunto: Re: [nvda] fore some reason nvda isn't talking when I'm using my keyboard

Hi. I tried to restart nvda by pressing control alt n. Nothing happened. I was able to unlock the screen. But when I tried to use the touchscreen, all nvda said was system submenu, contains commands to manipulate the window. I have no idea what screen I’m in.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of marcio via Groups.Io
Sent: Friday, December 21, 2018 7:30 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] fore some reason nvda isn't talking when I'm using my keyboard

I forgot to mention, before restarting your system unnecessarily, it's always good trying to restart NVDA itself and see what happens.

Em 21/12/2018 22:27, marcio via Groups.Io escreveu:

Hey, first, don't worry. This how computers work, I guess. Sometimes it just runs out of our control, but there's always a solution whatever your problem is.
Considering you said that no keys are being interpreted by NVDA, it would be like shoot in the dark, but you can try:
Windows+R
Type "shutdown -r" (without the quotes).
It will restart your system, I guess.
Hope this helps and please let me know if so.
P.S.: Don't give up on NVDA, I'm sure you'll be able to deal with it through the time.

Em 21/12/2018 22:19, molly the blind tech lover escreveu:

Hey guys, Molly here again.

I don�t know what happened but all of a sudden my keyboard on my tablet doesn�t seem to work with nvda. I press a key, like the windows key, and nvda is completely silent. It is silent when I press any key on the keyboard. �The only way �nvda talks �is if I use the mouse.

I don�t know what I did, but I am so stupid. I am just too dumb to ever be a good nvda user. Is there a way to force the machine to restart? I am feeling completely incompetent.

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.