Re: For Joseph ... How different is NVDA different than Jaws?

Howard Traxler <howard@...>

Thank you very much.  I'll go get 'em.

Howard

On 12/23/2018 11:37 AM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
Tutorials: it is free, audio, and can be downloaded from:
https://www.josephsl.net/tutorials
Note that the tutorial goes over NVDA 2018.1, which, by today's standards, is out of date. However, most of what I describe in there is applicable in 2018.4.
Note that the tutorial I produced over the years is considered a third-party effort; there is a collection of tutorials from NV Access (cheap, by the way) that does go over NVDA. More recent additions include using NVDA with Word and other Office applications.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Howard Traxler
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2018 9:15 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] For Joseph ... How different is NVDA different than Jaws?

Hello Joseph. I'd like to know about your NVDA tutorial. What does it cost and is it audio or text? Is it downloadable? I sure need to learn more about the different review modes in NVDA.

Thanks.

Howard

On 12/23/2018 10:53 AM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
If you're coming from JAWS to NVDA, object navigation may sound
similar to touch cursor from JAWS. In fact, they are really the same.
You can't navigate freely via JAWS cursor, or in terms of NVDA, a
combination of review cursor and screen review in more recent apps.
Cheers,
Joseph