Re: how to use emojis with Nvda

molly the blind tech lover

Sorry. I must have pressed the letter s by mistake. I’m glad it worked though. 😊

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Roger Stewart
Sent: Monday, December 24, 2018 5:17 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] how to use emojis with Nvda

Hey that worked here! NVDA read it out to me as smiling face with smiling eyes S!

Roger

On 12/24/2018 3:30 PM, molly the blind tech lover wrote:

Okay. I’ll try to insert an emoji here. It may not look correct. Let me know. I’ll be at the end of this response. 😊s

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of marcio via Groups.Io
Sent: Monday, December 24, 2018 4:22 PM

Feel free to write back if you can't deal with it. Let's trying until I or another member can help you out :)

Em 24/12/2018 19:22, molly the blind tech lover escreveu:

Thanks.

I�ll try again.

�

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of marcio via Groups.Io
Sent: Monday, December 24, 2018 4:17 PM

�

What you get when you are into the emoji panel? It should at least offer you some categories to go tabing through and inside of these categories it should have the emojis.
Things are a bit different on the latest Windows 10 version, that I'm not using at the moment. But not that different than what I've said. You should at least be able to paste an emoji on the field.

�

Cheers,
Marcio

Where to find me:
My Yahoo! email
Add me on Skype
Follow me on Twitter
Follow or add me on Facebook
Ask me something on CuriousCat

Phone(s):
(+55)21-9-81615268 (Tim-RJ)

My WhatsApp

Em 24/12/2018 19:13, molly the blind tech lover escreveu:

I found the emoji panel. How do I select the one I want? I hit enter� but it didn�t insert the emoji.

�

Sent: Monday, December 24, 2018 4:02 PM

�

Hi Molly,
Not at all. All we need to use the emoji panel is a edit field, that is, a place where you can write and delete things, something like.
So, if you have found this place, just press Windows+. or Windows+; (I'm not sure at all) and there you go.
Hth

�

Cheers,
Marcio

Where to find me:
My Yahoo! email
Add me on Skype
Follow me on Twitter
Follow or add me on Facebook
Ask me something on CuriousCat

Phone(s):
(+55)21-9-81615268 (Tim-RJ)

My WhatsApp

Em 24/12/2018 19:00, molly the blind tech lover escreveu:

Hey guys.

My apologies if this topic has been mentioned before. But I was wondering, how does one go about using the windows emoji panel (not sure if that�s what it�s called) with Nvda? Do I need to be using a specific program to use emojis? Microsoft Word, for example?

Thanks.

And happy holidays.

�

�

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.