From: "Keao Wright" <keaow@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, December 25, 2018 3:12 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] inserting emogies

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for this.

Lets see if this works!

👍🎶

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joseph Lee
Sent: Tuesday, December 25, 2018 4:55 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Hi,

You’ll need Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (Version 1709) or later in order to insert emojis.

There is a tutorial I wrote (featured on most recent Top Tech Tidbids) that goes over emoji panel and how it works, as well as what to expect in coming months with this feature:

https://win10.groups.io/g/win10/topic/tutorial_all_about_emoji/28794447?p=,,,20,0,0,0::recentpostdate%2Fsticky,,,20,2,20,28794447

Note that the tutorial tries to be screen reader agnostic but most of it applies to NVDA users. Don’t worry about the bit on Insider Preview changes to emoji panel – that’s in the future, and I have already written workarounds for it (part of an add-on, and plan to send the code to NV Access for inclusion in a future version of NVDA).

Cheers,

Joseph