Re: more and more unlabeled links with latest version of NVDA and Firefox

enes sarıbaş

hi,

this is also an NVDA issue. This happened since firefox 57. An example:

go to

http://lib.metu.edu.tr

and go to the trial databases heading, which has a few links. Normally, with firefox 56, nvda reads the names of the databases on the links. However, above 57, they are just read as "link".

On 12/27/2018 3:48 AM, Governor staten wrote:

Hello list. My subject line aptly describes the issue. Recently, I’ve seen more sites with unlabeled links than I’ve seen in recent memory, or ever before. I’ve seen them on paypal.com, yetcast.simplecast.fm Simplecast.com, and other places. Why is this? I’m using latest version of NVDA with latest version of Firefox, version 64. Will have to do more testing to see if this occurs in Edge and Chrome. Any ideas as to how to troubleshoot would be appreciated.

An extra point of information, I am running the latest alpha. My roommate is running the latest stable version, 2018.4, along with same version of Firefox. He is seeing some of the same things I am, particularly on Simplecast.com and yetcast.simplecast.fm. Thanks to all in advance for any assistance that can be given.