Re: more and more unlabeled links with latest version of NVDA and Firefox

Gene

If you are talking about something like going to a site that has something like a video to watch on the site and there are links that just say question mark link, I've seen them.  I followed some of them and they are mostly links for sharing whatever it is to places like Facebook or Social Media.  You may be talking about the same thing.  But I don't think that is a problem of NVdA's and I don't know if NVDA can do anything about it.  Whether it might be made to read underlying code in such linkks, I don't know.  I also don't know if that were done, if it would read code elsewhere that wouldn't be desirable.  If that is what you are talking about, further discussion will have to be done by others because it is beyond my technical knowledge.

I generally ignore such links because it appears that they are generally what I said they are and I have no interest in them.

From: Mallard
Sent: Thursday, December 27, 2018 12:54 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] more and more unlabeled links with latest version of NVDA and Firefox

Hello Gne,

Answers to all your questions is Yes. Different browsers (Edge, Firefox
(several versions), Different computers.

Windows 10, Version 1803, but it started in 1703.

I wanted to send you pages, but they all require username and password.

However, I've noticed that most of the time they are lists. For example,
in various sites the issue concerns lists of social media you can share
stuff on.

On another occasion, in

www.perfect-english-grammar-com

under the paid section called PEG Plus, you have this problem within the
list of courses.

If I come across some site that has free access to something like that,
I'll post it.

By the way, I also tried to read the link name with Windows10 OCR, but
there was nothing to be read.

Ciao,

Ollie

ps: In the case of PEG Plus, I reported the issue to the owner of the site.