Re: Issues with dropbox.

John Isige

I didn't just delete it from the HD because I wasn't sure if that would
mess things up for everybody else in the share. I'll give that a shot,
thanks!

On 12/29/2018 20:11, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

Actually, I do this all the time. I just click view, then sign in and
join and I'm in.

Take care

On 29 Dec 2018, at 17:07, Roger Stewart wrote:

The real problem with Dropbox isn't removing a shared folder--it
is trying to add someone who has asked you to share a folder. This
used to be very easy. You would just get an email saying XXX has
asked to share a folder with you on dropbox and there were just 2
options--accept or decline! Nothing could be easier.  Now, it is
impossible for a blind person to accept an invite to a new dropbox
folder. This is because they now need you to solve a CAPTCHA to do
this and this is no longer accessible at least, not for now.  Is
there a work around for this?  They do ask you to check into your
dropbox, but I'm always checked in, so I can't do that.

Roger

On 12/29/2018 6:27 PM, John Isige wrote:

Well just one issue really, so far.

I have a shared folder foo that's not mine, I'm just a member.
I want to remove myself from it to free up space. The web
tells me to sign into dropbox.com, click files, and click
"share" next to the folder name, then there's a dropdown where
I can remove myself. I sign into dropbox.com, I click files.

I see the folder, but all I see after it is a star button and
a "more actions" menu. If I pick "more actions" share does
show up there, but if I click on share, I just get a page with
the contents of the folder in question. I don't see anything
with my name or a way to stop being part of the share. So how
do I stop being part of the share? This is on Windows 1809
64-bit, latest Dropbox, I just installed it like 20 minutes
ago, NVDA 2018.4, latest Firefox.

.