Re: weird NVDA problem on my gpd win 2

Darren Harris

So what would be our equivalent? Yes all the keys to work. I have used the keyboard help.

On 30 Dec 2018, at 08:23, Tyler Spivey <tspivey@pcdesk.net> wrote:

English doesn't use an IME, so that doesn't apply here.
As I said earlier, it's your keyboard. To prove this, either try an
external keyboard or input help and make sure all the keys register.
On 12/30/2018 12:14 AM, Darren Harris via Groups.Io wrote:
What mode? I cant find it.

On 30 Dec 2018, at 01:28, 特種兵 <afreettears@gmail.com
<mailto:afreettears@gmail.com>> wrote:

Sorry for my os language is Chinese, so some key word is not correct.
You can try change your right shift key's setting.
1.press windows plus b go to system tray
2.use down arrow key until ime mode
3.press application key came up context menu
4.use down arrow key go to property and hit enter
5.press control plus tab change to processive tab
6.press down arrow key change left shift to right shift setting
7.press tab key and down arrow key change to none
8.use tab key until confirm button and hit enter to save change

thank you for much
Logo Kuo from Taiwan
Darren Harris via Groups.Io 於 2018/12/29 4:24 寫道:

Greetings all,

For Christmas my partner bought me a gpd win 2 which actually I quite
like. it’s a windows 10 machine.

I’ve put the latest NVDA on it. It was a fresh download. I’ve
encountered a weird issue and I don’t quite know what to make of it.
With the NVDA key set to caps lock as there’s no insert key on the
unit, I can only get things like the battery percentages to work by
using the right shift key with NVDA. the left shift key does work
I’ve tested it. I can do capital letters with it I can also do tab
shift tab etc with it so I know the shift key itself is working so
that in itself isn’t the issue. I’ve also tried switching from laptop
to desktop layouts and switching back again it makes no difference.

If anybody has any ideas as to what this could be then I would indeed
be most greatful.