Re: mariana islands

Ann Byrne

According to Google, the abbreviation for Northern Mariana Islands is mp. So NVDA is interpreting for you. Ugh!

I wonder if there is a setting to tell it not to interpret abbreviations. there isn't in JAWS, and I wish there were. I want to make the interpretation myself, thank you very much. (LOL)

At 08:30 AM 12/30/2018, you wrote:
1. Which speech synthesiser are you using?

2. Which language is it set to use?

3. Exactly what does NVDA say when you get it to read the example line you
have quoted - where does "Mariana Islands" appear in the speech output?

Antony.

On Sunday 30 December 2018 at 15:26:39, Brice Mijares wrote:

Why does NVDA echo Mariana Islands at times while going through a list
of MP3's?
Like
11 Country road.mp3
Hopefully I'm not the only one hearing this!
--
A user interface is like a joke.
If you have to explain it, it means it doesn't work.

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.