Re: NVDA going silent.

Gene

Since items were removed and since you still have something affecting Chrome, that raises the question of what you may be doing to expose yourself to adware or malware.  I would urge you to use No Script with Firefox, which will provide some protection against adware and malware being installed in the first place.  I don't know enough about the plugin to tell you the best way to set it.  I'll mostly leave that to others.  Whether you go to sites that are more likely to infect you, install free software from the Internet without using Unchecky, which helps protect you from unwanted programs being installed along with the free software you are installing, or other practices that expose you, it appears you are doing things that make it more likely you will become infected with adware or other forms of malware.  This would likely be of value to discuss further.  Prevention is as or more important than removing something once it is there.

From: MAX
Sent: Sunday, December 30, 2018 11:46 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA going silent.

Last night I did a search for add ware programs and found to my surprise that malware bytes offers an add ware eliminator.  It appears not to be included in the main malware program.  So I downloaded it and ran it.  It found several items and removed them.  Then I opened Chrome.  The first thing I heard was New notification from google chrome.  Drink a cup of this before going to bed and watch the pounds melt away.  Someone is still trying to sell me snake oil and they are immune to add ware removers.  I’m still happy with firefox and as long as I am I’m not going to waste anymore effort on chrome.

73 (Regards).

Max K 4 O D S.

I've Never Lost the Wonder.