Re: Issues with dropbox.

Richard Bartholomew

As well as being a root and branch approach, uninstalling Dropbox from the desktop is no good if you’re sharing folders with multiple people and it’s only one you want to stop sharing with!  As you say, deleting the share the clean and proper way is the desired method.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: 30 December 2018 20:25
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Issues with dropbox.

That is an extreme solution and it is exceedingly inconvenient to use Dropbox from the web site.

Sent: Sunday, December 30, 2018 2:06 PM

Hello John,

I believe you have the Dropbox Desktop app installed. It runs at the background and syncs your local folder with the cloud.

I suggest you uninstall Dropbox Desktop and reboot your PC. Without the Dropbox Desktop running in the background anymore, you are no longer automatically signed into Dropbox. You can safely delete your local Dropbox folder without affecting whatever is stored in the cloud.

--
Desert