Re: NVDA elequence question

Howard Traxler <howard@...>

Agree, Gene; however, (and I won't waste any more space on this) I know I can't commit slander or libel or promote crime.  But if I were on an automotive list of some kind, I could ask a technical question relating to a vehicle in my garage that I didn't pay for.

That's all; I'm through.

On 12/31/2018 11:06 AM, Gene wrote:
If a list allows such discussions, it is opened to legal liability.  It is illegal to use such programs.  Promoting their use is illegal and lists that allow it may be shut down by the owner of whatever list serve the list is on and, though very unlikely, the list could have legal action taken against it by the owner of whatever intellectual property is being used illegally.

And you can't discuss anything or say anything you want anywhere.  You can't commit slander or libel.  You can't use speech to provoke violence.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, December 31, 2018 10:42 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA elequence question

Please help my understanding:

Why can I not talk about something that is illegal to buy, sell, or
own?  I can talk about anything else that I can think of; illegal or
not.  Just so long as I don't obtain it or offer it for sale.  I think
the sensors on many of these mailing lists are a bit too cautious.  Is
my thinkingg wrong?

Howard