Re: Installing Windows 10

To be honest I'd never partition the system drive with 10 on it.

In fact the first thing I have done is wipe the system drive and install 10 on it.

Win10 eventually decided that my boot partition was full.

There were several small and big partitions made for system and swap, a recovery partition and a diagnostics and something else.

The cons of all this is that by just flat cleaning the entire structure you won't be able to access certain bios recovery features.

On the other side we can't access them so its not a big loss and you can run the diagnostics of that at least on windows yourself after a fashion.

If in doubt though I'd make a bios recovery in case you screwed things up or something during a reflash.

If you happen to be in the middle of a lightning strike zone well you are done.

If you must partition anything, I'd partition the secondary drive, since bar a few things windows will not load itself on to that drive at all.

On 12/31/2018 8:45 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
I think the issue is actually invoking it from the drive.
I think I'd tend to do what I did when I had a brief encounter with 10, assuming masochistic tendencies of having an operating system that is new every 6 months, just burn a dvd, lots of cheap plug in drives around.
Brian
bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-