Re: Highbernating windows 10

Yeah and things can screw up at times.

Saying that if you are on the go, you probably want to leave this on.

On 1/1/2019 3:58 AM, Richard Wells wrote:
Fast startup should not be checked, because each time you shut down your computer, it will only hibernate rather than really shut down. When you boot your computer again, it will bring back the last state instead of doing a fresh start. This doesn't apply to restart, only to shut down.

On 12/30/2018 9:03 PM, Kwork wrote:

Brian, out of curiosity, why do you not recommend fast startup to be checked?

Travis

On 12/30/2018 5:46 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
One can also enable/disable Hibernate under Power Options, /Choose what the power button does/ link, activating the /Change settings that are currently unavailable/ link, then checking/unchecking the Hibernate checkbox.

While you're in there uncheck the /Turn on Fast Startup (recommended)/ checkbox.

I turned the presentation of Hibernate in the Power menu back on at the same time that I turned Fast Startup off.

*/A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep./*

          ~ Saul Bellow, /To Jerusalem and Back/