Re: NVDA elequence question

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I think he was thinking of The IBM Via Voice talking web browser voice from the days of Windows 98..
I still have that but being Sapi 4, its of limited use nowadays and although it sounds very much like Eloquence its is not quite as good, I use the word good advisedly, as I don't like Eloquence very much myself.

If you like artificial voices rather than the real sounding ones, then I guess Espeak for UK English speakers is still very good and fast.
I have to nail my colours to the mast here as I wrote a few of the variants in NVDA back some years ago.
Quincy seems to be the most popular one for things like laptops. its not so resonant as the normal voice.
I am loathe to suggest the Speech player in Espeak add on, as it will probably not work well in the next version of nvda unless it gets tweaked but for now at least it has a passing resemblance to Eloquence without being actionable!

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris via Groups.Io" <chrismedley=btinternet.com@groups.io>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, December 31, 2018 5:52 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA elequence question

Nope, never has and probably never will

Sent: 31 December 2018 14:50
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA elequence question

Wasn’t there a free version of it? I thought that there was?

On 31 Dec 2018, at 14:41, Chris via Groups.Io <chrismedley=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:
You will have to pay for the code factory after the trial has finished
After the trial period it will work no more until a licence is purchased

Sent: 31 December 2018 14:22
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] NVDA elequence question

Hi all,

I have installed the code factory eloquence voice on my GPD win 2. I have 2 days left of the trial of eloquence. At the end of it, do I have to buy the eloquence voices? Or do they revert to a free version of eloquence? I have eloquence on my other machine but I never paid for that as it shipped with my laptop when I purchased it. So am not sure about this.

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.